Monday 24 June 2013

A Nail Art Week

Hello lovelies

I have been absolutely loving nail art recently so I thought I'd show you what I've done in the past week and the polishes I used to create them




I saw a picture on Instagram and thought it looked so pretty 
The polishes used are
Barry M Gelly Hi Shine- Prickly Pear
Rimmel Nail Tip Whitener 
O.P.I - Designer de better
Champneys- Shadow

As for tools I used 2 different sized dottings tools. A larger one to create the "splodges" for the leopard print and a tiny one to outline with the black

This design is one of MissJenFabulous' (tutorial link here). My dotting tools just arrived this week so this was my first design with them. 
Polishes are
Rimmel tip whitener
Essie- Funny Face
Essie- Bikini so teeny
Essie- Mint Candy Apple
Maybelline Color Show- Urban Coral
Again I used 2 different sized dotting tools, a large one and a medium sized one. 
This design is pretty self explanatory on how you do it but obviously you can head over to MissJenFabulous' tutorial for a step by step.
Here we have my first ever attempt at ombré nails and I think it went pretty well! I love the combination of the colours and I Think it just looks pretty cool.
Nail polishes used in this one are
Rimmel Nail tip whitener
Revlon- Fearless
Revlon- Siren
Sally Hanson- Mellow Yellow

To create this i first painted my nails white then painted a stripe of each colour on a makeup sponge before applying it to my nails.



This aztec design i've done on my nails before but in black and white and I can't remember where I saw a picture of it but again this is not my own design.
To Create this I used 2 Barry M Gelly Hi Shine polishes in the colours "Lychee" and "Greenberry". I used a nail striper and dipped it into the green to create the pattern.

Lasr but not least I finally mastered the art of water marbelling! This is the first time I've done it successfully and I'm so happy with it! I get so excited looking at my nails!
The nail polishes I used are Maybelline Color Show: Cool blue, O.P.I: Yoga-ta get this blue


So which ones your favourite?
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' for all my updates!

Hope you are all having a fantastic day!
Caitlin

6 comments:

  1. Love your designs! Where did you get your nail dotters from? :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!, I have two sets, one from amazon and one from ebay :) x

      Delete
  2. you have amazing designs! love this
    xx

    blueviolethearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designs - love the ombre nails :)

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete